Observations gathered from NFL games of Dec. 15-16, 2013
Stafford and the Lions go down again -
1) At some point, everyone is going to run out of excuses for Tony Romo’s late game meltdowns.
2) There is nothing the Detroit Lions can’t screw up. Since both the Bears and Packers lost their starting QB’s, the Lions have gone 1-4 (with NFL-high 19 turnovers), instead of taking control of the division.
3) Amidst all the coaching drama, it has gone virtually unnoticed, that the Houston Texans have lost 12 straight, and guaranteed themselves at least a tie for worst record in the league. For all intents and purposes, they should be 0-14.
4) The Baltimore Ravens have the heart of a champion. If they make the playoffs, don’t be surprised if they do something spectacular. They have won four straight.
5) I do not trust Calvin Johnson to come up big in a big game.
6) I will be shocked if the Seattle Seahawks do not make it to the Super Bowl.
7) What I said last week, about Peyton Manning playing in the snow, still applies.
8) The Philadelphia Eagles can be forgiven for somehow losing to the Vikings, but should not be forgiven if they do not win the NFC East division.
9) For the third week in a row, the Cleveland Browns proved they are just a pathetic bunch of losers.
10) The Miami Dolphins may not make the playoffs this season, but their future looks awfully bright.
** NFL notes from Dec 16 and 17: 1) Bears DB Charles Tillman (torn triceps) – Out for season. 2) Bears LB Lance Briggs (shoulder) – expected to play this weekend. 3) WR’s Larry Fitzgerald – AZ Cards, and Victor Cruz – NY Giants are being evaluated for concussions. 4) Bengals punter Kevin Huber suffered broken jaw and cracked vertebrae after blindside hit from Steelers’ LB Terence Gavin. 5) Steelers LB Lamaar Woodley (calf) will not play vs Packers this weekend. 6) Jags WR Cecil Shorts (groin) has been placed on IR. 7) Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) will be evaluated later this week, and may be cleared to play this weekend.