1) Snow games are awesome. Just ask LeSean McCoy.
**NFL news/notes released Dec 9/Dec 10: 1) Indianapolis Colts signed RB Tashard Choice. 2) AZ Cards rookie DB Tyrann Mathieu (torn ACL/LCL) out for season. 3) Denver Broncos WR Wes Welker (concussion) unlikely to play Thursday vs San Diego. 4) New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (torn ACL) out for season. 5) Miami Dolphins starting DB Dimitri Patterson (groin) out for season. 6) Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson (mid-foot sprain) unlikely to play this weekend – Xray/MRI revealed no lisfranc injury or fracture.
2) Tony Romo is NOT a clutch QB – throw out as many stats as you like, it still doesn’t make it so.
3) If the Minnesota Vikings ever start believing in themselves, they might not be half-bad.
4) Had Steelers‘ WR Antonio Brown not stepped out of bounds on the final play against Miami, the TD still would not have counted – Roethlisberger made an illegal forward pass, which would have nullified the score.
5) The DC meltdown is complete. Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan is done. To avoid an ugly public divorce, he should probably just resign because of “personal reasons”.
6) The only thing missing from the last two mins of the Vikings/Ravens game, was the network switching to ‘Heidi’.
7) Peyton Manning can play well in the snow against a lousy team like Tennessee. He just can’t play well in the snow against a good team in a playoff game.
8) The Cleveland Browns are losers, plain and simple. Forget the questionable PI call at the end; all they had to do was cover the onside kick which the entire planet knew was coming, and the game would have been over. Josh Gordon’s considerable talents are being wasted.
10) The NFL starts haphazardly penalizing and fining defensive players for high hits, and now there is a concern over the increasing number of low hits. Who coulda seen that coming ?